Users may experience a bug where the Driver apps continues to take up more than 1 GB of device storage, even when all trips in the gallery have been deleted. Trips in the Driver Cloud do not take up device storage space. This is mostly experienced on iOS. We believe Driver app data becomes incorrectly categorized, and is continues to be stored on the device, and is unable to be deleted through the app. If this occurs to you, follow these steps:
- Open Driver and manually delete all your trips in your trip gallery. Once all trips are deleted, close the Driver app.
- Restart your device
- Open iPhone Settings
- Select General
- Select iPhone Storage
- Find the Driver app, and see how many GB it uses. If Driver uses less than 1 GB, skip to part 2. If Driver uses more than 1 GB, proceed to the next step.
- Delete the Driver app and reinstall. Make sure you are logged in after reinstalling.
- Go back to iPhone Storage to ensure Driver users less than 1 GB.
- On the iPhone Storage page under Settings, scroll to the bottom until you see "System Data."
- If System Data is using less than 10 GB, no further action is needed. If it is using more than 10 GB, a forced restart should be performed to clear your cache. Learn how here.
- Once restarted, go back to iPhone Storage to ensure System Data is less than 10 GB
Experiencing other storage problems? Learn more about Driver storage.